Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Death Of Flickr - And the User Firestorm

.


Spider Corporate hunting for the magic market of flying demand trends is getting sicker. Mind the Web is turning sticky and stickier and some trapped flies are pissing on the spiders with that anti web sentiment cream known as "boreine". You know, that liquid that moves from a tar like state to a black goo rotting corporo webs as it drips  

Time to seek out new rotting sites that smell mucky or perhaps sweet enough to land on - say some of the flies . The butterflies already migrated or are in the process as corporate warming heats up the polar areas of the internet and they dodge the methanes...

The point is the corporates are trapping flies galore and so evolution begins again and a cycle of adapation has to take place otherwise you cheeky flies are trapped in Google or Yahoo or Facebook muck-webs

Flickr's days are over as a good site with too much sticky Yahoo-ism in the background and Google-ism and oh god that masturbatory Wastebook Muckerbergism . Can Users save Flickr from Marissa Blonde-Sword of the sweet and nasty spider tribes where the those who live and suck on the hill smile as they kill .... Good old John - that was a good song ...


SAMPLE OF FLICKR FIRESTORM BELOW : 


[Official topic] Feedback on today’s site changes


Flickr Staff

Thea Lamkin says:

Egads! Such a lot of new stuff came out today, and we're sure you're itching to tell us what you think about it.

This is just the place for all of your questions, concerns, suggestions, and other non-bug related comments about:

- The new Home page
- The new Photostream page
- The new Photo page
- The new Set page
- The new Search
- Other design changes you may have noticed

Let's keep all the feedback in one place and let everyone have a chance to be heard. Kay, Emily and I will be reading everything you have to say, and responding when we have the time and information to do so.

Thanks everyone, and Flickr on!
Posted at 2:20PM, 20 May 2013 PDT ( permalink )
Thea Lamkin (staff) edited this topic 17 hours ago.
(101 to 200 of 9,966 replies in [Official topic] Feedback on today’s site changes)
view photos

Yersinia says:

What sohvimus says. And what Catsy says.

I find it absolutely unusable.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

. december . says:

This is really cluttered, messy, and awful. I really wish we had the option to change back to the old view.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

hbp_pix says:

I hit refresh and the whole screen completely changes.

What the Hell?

The "justified" view of photos is VERRRY slow.

How can you get away from it.

Where are the stats??
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

kitsch&curious says:

Absolutely appalling. All the familiar, usable points of reference have been lost. The home page is a nightmare - just a few massive images that are out of my control. Seriously, I want to leave now. How do I get a refund on my pro account?
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Pink Paramount says:

Please give us an option for 'classic view', I am not liking these new changes at all!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

solipsistnation says:

This interface makes it significantly harder for me to share photos with my family.

It is more difficult to see comments, and comments are truncated. That's ridiculous. In addition, the active scrolling functionality makes the page slower and more annoying.

This is not a step forwards. It's flashy, sure, but it's annoying to use. One of the things I LIKED about the previous interface was its relative simplicity and the way it showed me what I wanted to see. There was a summary of photos from friends and family, small enough that it didn't take up the whole page. This way, I'm going to have to pretty firmly prune my contact list so that acquaintances don't overwhelm the people whose photos I most want to see.

If I wanted to share photos on Facebook or Tumblr, I'd do so. I don't; I want to use Flickr, or at least I did before today.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

jlbruno says:

Stats page gives me a 404.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

línus hrafnkell línusson says:

no

nonono

NONONO
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

day-at-the-beach says:

I'll need to figure this out before I give it the thumbs up or down. The one thing I loved seeing is that flickr will support longer videos...it is the one complaint I've had, even with a pro account. Now, off to figure it all out!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

phill.d says:

More idiotic changes forced on us without even letting us know, or give us an option. This is complete crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Foden Alpha says:

I dislike the new look and would like an option to change back to the previous look I've been used to for years, thanks.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

richardr says:

Assuming the photo I want to set as my photostream cover photo isn't one of the last 100 uploaded and I don't want to upload it a second time.. can I actually do it?
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

paperfairy. says:

Mary Faith.:

I agree, this new upgrade seems to be lagging up my comp.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Lynne Lamb / paintistworks says:

No, no, no, no ,no......it's garish, fussy and makes everything too fussy....!!!!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Raising Cane says:

Wow!! Yuk!!!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Itinerant Wanderer says:

I've hated most of Flickr's changes through the years but this one really takes the cake. Change it back!!!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Presidio of Monterey: DLIFLC & USAG says:

While understanding the reasoning behind the layout change (making it more mobile device friendly), I feel that for your CORE users this is not an improvement. My suggestion would be to change it back or at least offer a toggle option between the new and old layout until people learn how to more effectively use it.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Passing Time says:

What Crap, Why oh Why.
If its not broken don't fix it.
Could you explain to us user's why you have inflicted this change on us.?
Do you people actually use Flickr or is it just a Job.?
Please change my account back to what it was on 20th May 2013
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

ifotog, Queen of Manhattan Street Photography says:

really big MISTAKE! give me back my old Flickr. I can't see and organize my photos.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Roger Wyrick says:

Horrible! The new format is awful, Please return the old format.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Tea in Europe says:

It dont even work cant add to groups or sets either, is this a late April fools Trick flickr is pulling on us all ?
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Lune Rambler says:

How do I change my photostream back to Small and my Group back to Thumbnail?

What is this obsession with Huge.....is there no taste on Flickr???
We had the option to change size before....

Where is the option to change to something visually pleasing to individual tastes???

Please show an Option - on Photostreams and Groups - to change the size. A Big Please, Pretty Please
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Zoom Lens says:

What the friggin' hell is this cockeyed mess???! I uploaded your precious Chrome, which I loathe, despise, and hate, to get this confused mess to be somewhat visible...I tried to use the link to change the layout of my page back to photos visible on one side with sets visible on the other and when I clicked that link is said I followed a bad link.

I don't know where anything is.

I have no clue how to use anything.

I hate when people make ridiculous and unnecessary changes and expect people to poke around and find out how this half-broken mess works!!!!!!!!

GIVE US AN OPT OUT!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

homebuiltpcs says:

What have you done? This does not work at all :-(
Is there a way to change it back? The old interface worked so much better. I can't even use this on my tablet now, and I'm sure it will be even slower on my netbook.

Can you please give us an option to retain the original interface?
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Rat_Salad (sorry, can't comment on all!) says:

Undo the changes completely please - or at least give users the option to revert to the old look and feel - this new look is appalling!!!

The layout is confusing, everything is oversized and overbearing.

Slapping me in the face with such a messy load of disorganised clutter that makes it difficult to work out what is happening is not the way to assume that I will continue to pay for a Pro account!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

gillean55 says:

Absolutely appalling. Change this back right now!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

jonbbon5 says:

what a bloody mess if you want to change it give people the choice my view is i think i will stop using flickr
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

hbmike2000 says:

You are an idiot! You did a test, didn't tell anyone, out of the ones who did find it, not ONE liked it and yet you did the change anyway. I do not want to view a stream of EVERYTHING on my homepage. Tumblr already exists and just because Yahoo bought it doesn't mean change all sites to Tumblr! I already HAVE tumblr and don't need another web site just like it.

Are you going to ignore EVERYBODY on the site this time like you ignored everyone who was in the test group?

Yahoo did so well with the new homepage on the Yahoo site, how can Yahoo do so BAD on the flickr site?

Feedback
I love change, I really do but there are NO redeeming value to the load of crap you people have put out
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

J.L.Digital Photos says:

I want my money back going to leave Flickr
and find a better site !!!!!!!!!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

cdresser70 says:

The new layout sucks!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

3311491469c6a50f8f52ad2747bf4a11 says:

It is awful and awfully slow!!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

L. Kay says:

I liked the old way. Not the way it is. Where are the comments from other people? That what motivates me to post. Now I can't find them.

What are you going to do? I hope you are not going to leave it like it is. If I wanted to post on Facebook, I'd be on Facebook.

This change is awful!!

I've been with Flicker since 2008, I won't post another picture until this is fixed. Does anyone know about other photo sites that are not screwed up? If so, send me a link.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
L. Kay edited this topic 17 hours ago.
view photos

Zoom Lens says:

What the friggin' hell is this cockeyed mess???! I uploaded your precious Chrome, which I loathe, despise, and hate, to get this confused mess to be somewhat visible...I tried to use the link to change the layout of my page back to photos visible on one side with sets visible on the other and when I clicked that link is said I followed a bad link.

I don't know where anything is.

I have no clue how to use anything.

I hate when people make ridiculous and unnecessary changes and expect people to poke around and find out how this half-broken mess works!!!!!!!!

GIVE US AN OPT OUT!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

www.dnurv.ca says:

how do i get rid of the blueberry header...or am i suddenly shooting still life in my sleep...

sorry to hear Yahoo has a bid on tumblr...i'm sure they'll find a way to make a mess of it

you know what they say...if it ain't broke...call Yahoo
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

beqi says:

What Simon_K said (on page 1, by now). I liked the uncluttered Flickr—I even became used to the newer page designs, and I don't like this horrible Farcebook 'experience' with everything everywhere. It's ALL TOO BIG! I want to be able to view photographs from different people when I choose, not when you choose for me. Who's paying you for all these pro subscriptions, eh?

I'd also like to decide for myself when to load more images. It's a bandwidth hog, which costs us more money and slows our browsers down. We're not all surfing the web on quantum computers you know, Yahoo!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Paul Michael Wilson says:

I'm afraid I don't like it either, it's too much like what Microsoft are trying to do with Windows 8, cramming everything into your eyeballs at once and it just makes everything a mess. And now I have to wait for all the pictures to load before I can click on one to view!

Some images don't even fit on my laptop screen without scrolling!

Please give us the option at least!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

David Fullarton says:

This is a total mess, not an improvement at all.
I just clicked on the edit layout link to find out it's dead too.
Is there any way to get back to something similar to the old layout?
I really hope so.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Laurette Victoria says:

Very messy! What idiot thought this would be a good idea. Please return to normal which I found very easy to use.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

A damned fool with a camera says:

I find this new layout so confusing and difficult to use I could easily fall out of love with Flickr rather permanently.

Is there any way I can opt to retain the old format, please?
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

patrick h. lauke says:

Keyboard accessibility could be improved enormously. double up some of those :hover etc styles to also react to :focus, and make sure things that appear onmouseover also appear onfocus. Surprised this wasn't addressed properly right for launch, as I thought Y! had quite a good #a11y track record...
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

coolerclimes says:

Absolutely horrible - change it back! It is VERY USER UNFRIENDLY! Not good for the eyesight. Please give us back the old look - PLEASE.

I will have to find a new photo site, as this is wasting too much of my time trying to find things and getting them to work.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Sewwunderful says:

this sucks! please give us an option to take it back to the way it was.......... my account will be coming due to renew soon..... and if it stays this way.... that ain't gonna happen!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

EABNYC says:

Thea Lamkin:

I HATE this!!!!! How can I get the old set-up back? HATE IT! HATE IT! HATE IT!
I can't see my pictures and other people's latest pictures at the same time, so I don't know what's new; There's this huge, ugly black screen with comments only. If this is how Flickr is going to look from now on, I want off.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Shine&Sparkle says:

The Photostream pages are very hard to view, too many pictures, far too big, much too close together, it confuses the eyes and the pictures each distract from each other so it's hard to look at anything! Plus, the captions are hidden. And no sets on my photstream page anymore... Don't like it.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

JEA & JEA says:

In NO way, Shape or Form an Improvement...It's Horrible actually and doesn't work properly nor can it be changed to what your PAYING customer may want to see..Did I mention PAYING customer who wasn't Notified, consulted or asked...
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Bailey (& Muppet) says:

I want the option back to have my homepage in the way I like it. I do not want it in this way!!!!

NOT HAPPY with the changes !!!!!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

jimf_29605 says:

HELP! I want my old flickr... Please give us a "Classic" mode button.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

welshmanwandering1 says:

Its SHIT!!!!! I for one will be leaving if it stays like this....
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

BlueFairlane--Will Be Leaving Soon says:

Oh, I absolutely hate this. This just makes me sick.

I've been a flickr devotee now since 2007, and it's become a very big part of my life. I've always, always been happy with the layout. It was clean and had plenty of white space that let my photos breathe. Now this is just a jumbled mess where everything is shoved together. It's just ... chaos. It's visual vomit.

I would like to at least have the option of maintain the old look. If not, I'll very sadly be done with this.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Zoom Lens says:

This sucks more than anything you've ever done! My wife came in to look at my photostream and said, "Good god! That's terrible!" In reference to your new layout.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Lluniau Clog says:

Yuk, yuk, yuk! WTF is going on? The new look is a complete mess, on top of being ugly.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

SenebDesign says:

I use flickr daily for work (educational), and it is now incredibly difficult to get the information I need for copyright purposes. PLEASE have an option to change it back to the classic view. I also have a pro account and the reason I pay for the account is I liked the simplicity of the site. This is not simple or user-friendly.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

J.L. Keet says:

This is just horrible, I can barely navigate. Seriously, what was wrong with how it was? Please change it back!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

ladyluver2011 says:

Please Yahoo what are you doing now. You guys seem to like to change things when the old things don't even work right half the time. Now I can't access my pics or anyone else's because your silly little blue and pink dots just keep spinning and spinning. I already knew Yahoo was a second class organization but now I'm about done with this!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

jenniferbeinhacker.com says:

i clicked in the regular flickr yahoo and got a new home page.."smile jenniferbeinhacker.com" here's what's new"

oh no...i think i am in a bucket test...or is this for real

i truly hate the way this page looks....and it is not user friendly.

there was an X to click on and i did but the page did not go away.

any advice?

staff...i hate it hate it hate it.
unwieldy, hard to use, can't fid anything, looks terrible

why why why did you have to do this????????????

and since it's here and although you are asking for our thoughts......i know it won't go away no matter how many of us hate hate hate it

thanks in advance for all replies and help.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Grant Simon Rogers says:

How do I revert to the old ON WHITE look. On black should be an option and not compulsory.

Sorry, it looks awful
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Ed Durbin (Katodog) says:

Horrible, horrible, ridiculous, horrible, shocking, horrible, blindingly stupid, horrible, ridiculous, and did I mention horrible? No joke folks, I'll delete my account is I have to stare at this ridiculous layout. This is insanity at its best, you can't do anything now because it's all destroyed and mish-moshed and relocated, and destroyed, and ridiculous, and horrible.


But of course the folks at Flickr don't give two-craps about our opinion, so don't expect it to change. Sucks, because I always liked Flickr, but the delete button is within arms reach right now.....
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Rachel Lady loves Middies says:

The new look makes me glad I didn't sign up for a Pro account :/

Pretty please change it back!

This reminds me of the movie "Elizabethtown"... a fiasco :P
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
Rachel Lady loves Middies edited this topic 17 hours ago.
view photos

dr_urbanus (Martin) says:

Hate it hate it hate it hate it. Change it back PLEASE. As someone said, all the familiar points of reference are gone. Too much going on, too busy. Old design was nice and clean.

CHANGE IT BACK!!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

Claude@Munich says:

I really don't like it that the design has been changed without being asked!
How can I get back to the old design?!
I don't know how to send my photos to a group.......
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

joeke pieters says:

This is terrible!
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

BarkingBill says:

This is really a bad idea.
Please return us to normal service quickly please.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )
view photos

SolarSanction says:

This is ridiculous. If I wanted this, I would have just gotten 500px. Change it back.
Posted 17 hours ago. ( permalink )

No comments: